Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Raid Night: Karazhan

Tonight we hit up Karazhan for our weekly badge run. We took down Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, and Big Bad Wolf in 89 minutes. The last two hours were devoted to Nightbane (one shot), Curator (one shot), and Illhoof (3 shot). I picked up Barbed Choker of Discipline off of Maiden, replacing an embarrassing blue.

We picked up 13 badges, bringing my current total to 73. That led Aeth and I into a conversation about the badge chest pieces. He pointed me to Maintankadin, a forum for paladin tanks. There, I found a list of epic tanking gear. The three chest pieces that were discussed, Chestplate of Stoicism, Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian, and Shattrath Protectorate's Breastplate. I was pretty set on the Breastplate, due to the high spellpower and spellhit, but according to the list its pretty low. The Chestplate and the Chestguard are both in the #3 spot, and I am kind of torn. I will most likely end up getting the Chestplate, as it is more stamina.

Either way, I will have finally replaced a blue with an epic. Then all thats left is my shoulders. I have thought about running Heroic Sethekk alot to get them, but they are the lowest epic shoulders you can get. I will have more luck getting them off of High King, or the first timed chest from ZA, of which we are about to get.

All in all it was a good night. Looking forward to ZA on Thursday.

No comments: